Looking for something? Try here

Friday 30 December 2011

Hotel For Dogs


Hotel for Dogs is a 2009 American children's comedy film based on the 1971 Lois Duncannovel of the same name. The film, directed by Thor Freudenthal and adapted by Jeff Lowell, Bob Schooley, and Mark McCorkle, stars Johnny Simmons, Emma Roberts, Jake T. Austin, Lisa Kudrow, Kevin Dillon, Kyla Pratt, and Don Cheadle. It tells the story of two orphans, Andi and Bruce (played by Roberts and Austin), who attempt to hide their dog at an abandoned hotel after their strict new guardians tell them that pets are forbidden at their home.
The film is Nickelodeon's second film to be produced by DreamWorks Pictures after Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and the first Nickelodeon film ever to not be produced by Paramount Pictures. Shooting began in November 2007 and filming took place entirely in the cities of Los Angeles and Universal City, California. The dogs in the film were trained for several months before shooting. Nearly 80 boys auditioned for the role of Bruce before Austin was ultimately selected.
The film was released in the United States on January 16, 2009, and grossed approximately $17 million in its opening weekend in 3,271 theaters. It eventually went on to gross $117 million worldwide. Reception to the film was mixed. Reviewers both criticized and praised the film's strong appeal to children and, in the opinion of some, its lack of appeal to older audiences. According to the film review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes, 46% of critics gave Hotel a positive review.
Courtesy : Wikipedia
---
So, hello once again!
It was just today that I watched the movie 'Hotel For Dogs'. As you can see, the direction, adaption and screenplay are all mentioned above. It also says that it was first a book. It took 38 years for the book of Lois Duncannovel to be adapted into a film. Taking nothing away from the movie, I would like to tell you that it is a wonderful movie and it will be very exciting for young children. To be frank, even I loved it! That might be because I just love dogs(although I haven't got one) and seeing so many (like a hundred) at once just captured my mind like nothing else. Or, it might be because I loved the story and the acting by Emma and Austin was just superb.
The director Thor Freudenthal has molded the story in such a brilliant manner (I don't know if the molding was already done by Lois) that, I'm sure, every young child would just love the movie, Bruce, Andi, Friday and all the others. The Hotel itself might lure the children into gazing open-mouthed at the screen, paying complete attention. And also, as the mean, villain-ish part of the film (for every good story needs both good and bad sides) we have Lisa Kudrow playing the major role. Seeing her in this role after seeing her over and over again in the type of role she had in 'Friends', it just changes my opinion of her(nothing much anyway).
Anyway, there are so many things that catch your interest along the way. There is the hotel, as I said before. Then there are the very creative contraptions that Bruce builds to feed the dogs. Then there's Friday himself, with the rather unusual name. He is so cute and funny to watch, acting in the movie, almost as the star! Then there is  the cheeky way in which the orphans always sneak out of their foster home. Then they get caught, and Bernie comes to save them. Then there's the rudeness of the foster parents. And you can't forget this : there's the Animal Control, who always get tricked by Bruce and Co.! There are many more fun things that you could use for a break.
So, on the whole, I'd say that this is a fantastic movie and you should watch it! During the period when you are watching this movie, you will be free from all stress, believe me. Anyway, I hope a second part gets released!
I hope you enjoyed the review of the movie 'Hotel For Dogs', and I hope that by reading it, you got a feeling to watch it. (And of course I hope you watch it!)
Good night, I've got to prepare myself for the last day of 2011!
Yeva!
PS: I think the beginning might have been boring, but I had to put it there, I couldn't type that much! Anyway, that gives you more detailed information. 
PPS: I'll bet you liked at least one picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment